Help to End Domestic Violence
Domestic Violence Services of Snohomish County has had a longstanding presence in the community providing a wide range of services to victims of domestic violence and their children. Domestic Violence Services was originally founded in 1976 by a small group of women providing crisis and intervention work out of their homes.
In July of 2008, the name changed to Domestic Violence Services of Snohomish County. This change more clearly shows that services are provided to all victims of domestic abuse in Snohomish County.
Domestic Violence Services remains the only emergency confidential shelter in Snohomish County for victims of domestic violence and their children. Each year Domestic Violence Services of Snohomish County addresses the crime of domestic violence by providing victims with the following services:
- 24-hour support line that answers over 5,500 calls each year
- Emergency shelter to more than 300 women and children
- Support groups for more than 1300
- Legal advocacy to more than 3,200
- A children’s program which serves over 400 children